Forum Discussion

maa1234
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI 3.3 installer crashes on macos after flash screen

I am trying to install ready api 3.3 on mac os 10.15.5. the installer crashes after flash screen. I have already install java jdk and added to path and java_home

export JAVA_HOME='/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_251.jdk/Contents/Home'

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

bash-3.2$ ./JavaApplicationStub

java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: override

at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:2417)

at com.install4j.runtime.util.internal.ReflectionUtil.setUnsafeAccessible(ReflectionUtil.java:46)

at com.install4j.runtime.util.internal.ReflectionUtil.setAccessible(ReflectionUtil.java:19)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.checkRetina(GUIHelper.java:322)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.isRetina(GUIHelper.java:287)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.loadIcon(GUIHelper.java:192)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.GUIHelper.<clinit>(GUIHelper.java:50)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.frontend.Messages.setLanguageConfig(Messages.java:33)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.LanguageSelector.initLanguage(LanguageSelector.java:60)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Controller.java:71)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Installer.java:58)

at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:45)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:85)

at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(MacLauncher.java:53)

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.install4j.runtime.util.internal.ReflectionUtil (file:/Volumes/ReadyAPI/ReadyAPI%203.3.0%20Installer.app/Contents/Resources/app/i4jruntime.jar) to field sun.awt.CGraphicsDevice.scale

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.install4j.runtime.util.internal.ReflectionUtil

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Continuing ...

Continuing ...

Continuing ...

Continuing ...

Could not display the GUI. This application needs access to an X Server.

You can also run this application in console mode without

access to an X server by passing the argument -c

Jul 5 15:04:37 0069L2CL4PWMD6P com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.java.9956): Failed to bootstrap path: path = /var/folders/8m/0tgsr68s5xlgtkx_vgc2gms00000gp/T/899166E2-B8F7-4391-B4D3-2E41A1AC1C4D-9955-0000045B0B761A18/jre.bundle/Contents/Home/bin/java, error = 2: No such file or directory
Jul 5 15:04:40 0069L2CL4PWMD6P com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000001c.JavaApplicationStub[9955]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1

4 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

It seems to be a known issue with the ReadyAPI installer on MacOS Catalina as the installer is not notarized for this OS version yet. Our R&D team is working on resolving the issue. In the meantime, as a workaround, try running the following command in the Terminal:
    sudo spctl --master-disable

This will allow running apps from anywhere, and you'll be able to run the ReadyAPI installer. In this article, you can find more details:
    http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/

If this doesn't help, please open a new case here: https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI

maa1234
      New Contributor

The solution provided doesn't work for me. I cant submit a ticket either because i dont have the license number (currently using trial license). Since i cant install the app, i cant view the license.

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

maa1234,

Please select the "No, I am not a registered customer" option on the form:

In this case, the license number isn't needed.