cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready! API and GIT SCM struggles

ArthurM
Occasional Contributor

Re: Ready! API and GIT SCM struggles

@TanyaYatskovska after 2 years the topic still doesn't have a solution, I wanted to get some update on this, as I am having the issues described here.

Anyway, I am going to submit a new case with my details.

frankkilcommins
Occasional Contributor

@TanyaGorbunova i still see no clear evidence as to a fix for this issue. Surely, instructing someone to ingore this issue and create a new issue is masking how long teams have been struggling with the integration between Ready API and SCMs?

We are still working around the issue via a manual process.

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi Guys,

There are several reasons why I asked to submit a new topic. Here are only some of them:

• There are several issues discussed here. So, it's unclear which exact issue @ArthurM faced. 
  • Our Support Team doesn't monitor the discussions on a regular basis. It's a community - we believe that most of the questions can be resolved by talking with peers. If we see that the question is quite complex and require the investigation, we can invite a Support Team to the discussion.
  • It's always to better submit one issue per discussion. In this case, the conversation will go only around one topic and it will be extremely helpful.

@frankkilcommins, have you contacted the Support Team regarding any issues posted here? I'm sure the Support team along with the R&D team always do their best to make sure that our customers are satisfied with ReadyAPI.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
frankkilcommins
Occasional Contributor

Hi @TanyaYatskovska - that's fair enough. I admit i was of the impression that the support team would keep an active eye on the community discussions.

We've ported from v2.5.0 to v2.6.0 this week, so I will evaluate if we still have the issues with the latest version of Ready API. I read that there were some improvements made to the GIT integration

socaltester
Contributor

If a new topic was created per Tanya's request, please provide a hyperlink to it. I'll try to search for it in the meantime.

ArthurM
Occasional Contributor

I didn't not create a new project, I've implemented a workaround to avoid conflicts on changed property values, and actually haven't used ReadyAPI activlely since, so, not sure if other types of conflicts are still actual.

ArthurM
Occasional Contributor

I tried to come up with some tips to mitigate conflicts, please see here: 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Tactics-to-Overcome-Git-Version-Control-Issues-in-Read...

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors