Forum Discussion

UserUnknown
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Ready API 2.3 Error This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.

Hi, I'm using Ready API version 2.3.0   This is my set up  placed mssql-jdbc_auth-8.2.2.x64.dll inside C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.3.0\bin placed sqljdbc42.jar inside folder C:\Progra...
    richie
    4 years ago
    Hey UserUnknown,

What is the authentication scheme used to login to your sqlserver database?
    NTLM (windows domain) auth?
    Mixed mode auth?
    SQL auth?

If youre using NTLM, then youll need the auth.dll.

Can you login to enterprise manager to check what authentication is used (and perhaps change it if necessary)? The auth type is defined in sqlservers enterprise manager.

You mention the connection string youre using has changed. Youve removed the word 'microsoft', and integratedSecurity parameter and added in the password parameter. Did you alter the existing connection string or did you add in a new one?

The reason im asking about the URL is that the error response is "Login failed for user 'id'" and im guessing your database's username is NOT 'id', so i'm wondering why this has been picked up.

For example my local sqlserver db connection string details are as follows:

jdbc:sqlserver://127.0.0.1:1433;DatabaseName=ExtReference;user=sa;password=whatevs

In summary: its essential to determine the authentication type of the database youre trying to connect to before you try anything as this will guide thr rest of your setup.

Nice one,

Rich