Forum Discussion

bayoakioye
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[RESOLVED] SOAP Request Failing when sent via Excel DataSource

I'm currently executing tests using an Excel data source and all tests fail when executed via TestRunner.

When the SOAP request messages are submitted manually, they pass validation and respond correctly.

Please see below, the error message returned when using the Excel Datapool and Test Runner:

Response Headers: {X-Backside-Transport=OK OK, #status#=HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error, Connection=close, Content-Type=text/xml}

env:Server
         Internal Error (from server)

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Hm..I was not able to reproduce it, so I need a bit more info on this. According to error message it seems like server error. In log you got this message you should have a request which is sent to WS server, compare it to request which is sent manually. I'm sure there are differences which may be root of problem. Let us know so we can see what is going on...

Let me know, thanks

robert
    bayoakioye
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

I've checked the request sent to the WS server and compared it with the manual request, both are an exact mirror.

It's the same problem with all other service tests submitted using the excel data pool.

I've also resubmitted the tests using the Grid and experienced the same behaviour.

many thanks
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Can you check a soapui-error.log for errors that could caused this? Or can we get your project file so we can reproduce it?

Let me know,
    robert
    bayoakioye
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Robert,

I've managed to get to the root of the problem, a space in one of the values was causing the tests to fail. This has now been corrected and tests can now be executed successfully.

Many thanks