Forum Discussion

hemanth_peddi
New Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

[READY API 2.7.0 ] when Rest request is sent with an attribute having value ñ

Hi Team,

If  I am sending request with attribute ("region":"Español-Iberica and Southern Europe") it converts ñ -> �  (Espa�ol-Iberica and Southern Europe) how can i stop converting this request ?

if i send the same request through postman its working fine.

• Hey hemanth_peddi,

It looks like the character set you have configured in ReadyAPI! isn't recognising the character 'ñ', and so is replacing it with a placeholder character when you try and submit the request.
    I think you need to find out what charset the system you're testing is supposed to support (that includes a ñ character and change ReadyAPI!s char encoding property to that charset.

You change the charset encode for ReadyAPI! by doing the following:

Navigate to your .vmoptions file

"%SOAPUI_HOME%"\bin\ReadyAPI.vmoptions

1. Edit the above mentioned file by adding the entry as -Dfile.encoding=charsetvalue (e.g. UTF-8)

2. Save the file

3. Restart the SoapUI

This chqr encoding value that is set can be checked by Help >> System Properties >> file.encoding

Cheers,

Rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey hemanth_peddi,

It looks like the character set you have configured in ReadyAPI! isn't recognising the character 'ñ', and so is replacing it with a placeholder character when you try and submit the request.
    I think you need to find out what charset the system you're testing is supposed to support (that includes a ñ character and change ReadyAPI!s char encoding property to that charset.

You change the charset encode for ReadyAPI! by doing the following:

Navigate to your .vmoptions file

"%SOAPUI_HOME%"\bin\ReadyAPI.vmoptions

1. Edit the above mentioned file by adding the entry as -Dfile.encoding=charsetvalue (e.g. UTF-8)

2. Save the file

3. Restart the SoapUI

This chqr encoding value that is set can be checked by Help >> System Properties >> file.encoding

Cheers,

Rich

hemanth_peddi
      New Contributor

My issue got resolved after changing Encoding Option in Rest request to "UTF-8". Thanks a lot for your prompy reply.