Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
5 years ago
Solved

Property Transfer Query - Property Expansion Rather Than Transfer?

Hi,

I've noticed this a couple of times before and I always meant to query it - but I kept forgetting.

Say I have a POST that is the second step in my test which is sourcing a unique value from the 1st POST's RawRequest - I can either hit the 'Transfer From' or the 'Get Data' context menu.

A 'Transfer From Property' form is generated (if I select 'Transfer From' rather than 'Get Data' context menu) and there is a checkbox entitled 'Create Property-Expansion:' with an additional label 'Creates property-expansion syntax instead of transfer' - I don't know what this means or the differences between property expansion and transfer.

see the following image for the form I'm talking about:

Can anyone clarify what this checkbox actually does and how it impacts the property transfer/expansion please?

This might be so obvious I just can't see it so a stupid question - I've googled it without any luck - I've played around with it - but I can't identify what it actually does and how expansion differs from transfer.

Can anyone clarify?

As always - thanks to all!

Cheers!

rich

• Hi Rich,

If you check "Create property expansion syntax instead of transfer" a property expansion for the Source step and Source property will be used to populate the field instead of a property transfer test step.  Please see the screenshots below.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

2 Replies

• Hi Rich,

If you check "Create property expansion syntax instead of transfer" a property expansion for the Source step and Source property will be used to populate the field instead of a property transfer test step.  Please see the screenshots below.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

Olga_T
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi all,

MarcusJ, thank you for your reply!

richie, does this help? Can we mark it as a Solution?