Forum Discussion

dw1103
New Contributor
7 years ago

Possible to sync authorization methods across environments?

Is it possible to configure SoapUI Pro to use the inherit the same authorization method across environments?  We have one initial environment (EnvironmentA) with many test cases with specific authorization methods (using varied auth profiles) configured per test case/test step.  When configuring a second environment, all authorization methods are set to the default selection from the Environment End Point Data dialog, in my case, Inherit from Parent.  Is it required that I manually set each method on the new EnvironmentB to match EnvironmntA using Auth Manager?  I worry about keeping the two auth configurations in sync.  Thanks so much for any assistance...

1 Reply

lakshmiarun
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in our forum.

If I understood your issue, you don't have to manually change the settings in "Auth manager" for the environment. Instea, navigate to Environment> click on the corresponding environment, go to either soap/rest services and double-click on it, where you would see "configure environment endpoint" dialog where you can set your preference and this will be reflected in the endpoint/environment.

Best,

Lakshmi