Forum Discussion

hazel_chua
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Portability between different testing software

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to import projects that are created in another testing package called Katalon Studio directly into SoapUI or ReadyAPI as well as export to that same software package.  One of our clients utilises that particular software package for their User Acceptance Testing and we are currently attempting to shift those testing left, into our framework.

Thanks

• hazel_chua ,

I don't think there is any way right now to import a Katalon project because structure of Katalon Studio is different from SoapUI/ReadyAPI.

You can do it manually if it is that critical and if ROI is good, in previous company there was need to do the same but from soap based service to rest bases, but the number of API were not too much, you can estimate it and then plan it.

10 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You have the test cases created in Katalon for WebServices / REST and you want to explore if it is feasible to shift to ReadyAPI on condition that if there is something which can migrate the existing tests to ReadyAPI tests . Is this what you are looking for?

If so, it again not simple to answer. There can be variable parameters to consider. How many tests, time required to migrate manually vs automatically, what common features, and what is ROI etc.,
  • hazel_chua ,

I don't think there is any way right now to import a Katalon project because structure of Katalon Studio is different from SoapUI/ReadyAPI.

You can do it manually if it is that critical and if ROI is good, in previous company there was need to do the same but from soap based service to rest bases, but the number of API were not too much, you can estimate it and then plan it.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you all for contributing a lot of useful data here!

Hi hazel_chua , could you mark the answer that worked best for you as a solution? Thank you:smileyhappy:

hazel_chua
        Contributor

sonya_m I'm not sure really... the posts do offer some insights into the functionality (or lack of) of the SoapUI/ReadyAPI software, but none of them is an actual "solution" per se.

hazel_chua
      Contributor

Doesn't look like what I am after, sorry.  What I need is a way to pull the information from the Katalon Studio testing software into ReadyAPI so I can reuse and develop on it, then export what I have done back to Katalon Studio for our client to reuse if they need.  Manually recreating all the test cases and suites is my current option but I really do not want to have to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

thePantz
        Contributor

Hello,

I don't think there is any supported way to import a Katalon project. The project structure of Katalon Studio is very different from SoapUI/ReadyAPI. You would likely need to develop a plugin to support it or you could submit a feature request