Forum Discussion

yerra16
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Not able to save value to excel sheet using data sink

I have created the Data sink in my script in multiple places to save the values from different API's, the values are not getting saved.

Here is the scenario:

Data sink 1

Data Sink 2

Data sink 3

only Value from the data sink 3 is saving the value into excel sheet the remaining 2 data sink values are not saving to excel. we tried to disable the data sink of "Data sink 3"  and execute the script with Data sink 1 & Data Sink 2 and at that time Data sink 2 values is getting stored in Excel sheet. only the latest value is getting stored to excel sheet.

please provide the solution for the same.

Thanks in Advance

• Thank you for helping Richie!

Hi yerra16 ! Were you able to solve this?

Looks like the Community needs more clarifications to keep the investigation going.

However, I feel like this might require a deeper insight into the problem. Please consider opening a support ticket

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey yerra16,

Are you using datasource test steps as well? Are you using the datasource loop step at all?
    Are all 3 datasink steps using the excel type?

Actually, could you please provide a screenshot of the complete testcase so we can see the complete teststep object hierarchy so we can understand the relationship between the executable steps and the datasink steps please?

Thanks

Rich
      yerra16
      New Contributor

richie 

Thanks for taking interest in my issue.

Below is my project hierarchy  in which i used many data source and data source loop as well. In this suite i used only single excel sheet. Here i took 3 data sink steps to store values of response in same excel but in different sheet.

As of now in screenshot all data sink are disabled. You can view my project hierarchy and get an idea what i am trying to do here. 

I am not sure why my data sinks are not working i added these because need to send store values in different API under loop. But the thing is that when i ran suite only the last data sink values are  getting saved in excel not for all data sink.

Please help me out in this issue as i have been  trying to solve since last week.

yerra16
      New Contributor

we are still waiting for the reply from ur team, we did not get any response after we provide the screenshot

richie
        Community Hero

yerra16 

sorry - I lost the post cos so many others were responded.

I wanted the screenshot to understand about your object hierarchy in your test - the .png you sent - that isn't one testcase is it, or is it?

One of the reasons I wanted the object hierarchy (as well as to see the flow if you're using looping as well, cos I know this can mess things up) was to replicate the issue on my ReadyAPI! instance - there's no way I'm doing that considering the content of the test!

in your post you state "I am not sure why my data sinks are not working i added these because need to send store values in different API under loopI am not sure why my data sinks are not working i added these because need to send store values in different API under loop. But the thing is that when i ran suite only the last data sink values are  getting saved in excel not for all data sink.. But the thing is that when i ran suite only the last data sink values are  getting saved in excel not for all data sink."  Can you just rephrase this - I don't understand what "i added these because need to send store values in different API under loop" means

also - looking at your screenshot - can you confirm what executable steps (REST steps) the Datasinks relate to please?

cheers

rich