Forum Discussion

deepu105045
New Contributor
9 years ago

Not able to open request after renaming resource.

Version using : Ready API 1.6.0(Licensed)

I have created a rest request to call a get servicve and then was using that request in my testcases and everything was working fine. Couple of hours back I changed request name from getCustomer to Customer and after this change I observed that all testcases are faioling and even this particular request I am not able to open in Project tab as well. Later to reoslve this issue I revoked the name change and it started working . 

Could you please help me to resolve this issue ? 

Thanks,

Deepu Nair 

SDET

4 Replies

deepu105045
    New Contributor

ore details and ready API log 

• Fri Apr 01 15:39:14 CDT 2016:ERROR:Uncaught exception in Thread "AWT-EventQueue-0":
    • java.lang.NullPointerException
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.EndpointSupportPro.getRequestEndpoint(EndpointSupportPro.java:61)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.EndpointSupportPro.getEndpoint(EndpointSupportPro.java:22)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractHttpRequest.getEndpoint(AbstractHttpRequest.java:438)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.RestRequest.submit(RestRequest.java:194)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.RestRequest.submit(RestRequest.java:1)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.doSubmit(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:87)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.onSubmit(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:618)
    • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel$SubmitAction.actionPerformed(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:829)
    • at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
    • at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
    • at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
    • at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
    • at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
    • at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:289)
    • at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6535)
    • at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    • at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6300)
    • at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
    • at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4891)
    • at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
    • at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
    • at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
    • at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525)
    • at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
    • at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
    • at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2750)
    • at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4713)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    • at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    • at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    • at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
    • at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    • at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    • at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    • at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

deepu105045 wrote:

Version using : Ready API 1.6.0(Licensed)

I have created a rest request to call a get servicve and then was using that request in my testcases and everything was working fine. Couple of hours back I changed request name from getCustomer to Customer and after this change I observed that all testcases are faioling and even this particular request I am not able to open in Project tab as well. Later to reoslve this issue I revoked the name change and it started working . 

Could you please help me to resolve this issue ? 

Thanks,

Deepu Nair 

sclavell
    Occasional Contributor

I'm seeing the same problem in 1.7.0.  Renaming things appears to cause many problems.  Has anyone looked into this?

gilugopi
      Contributor

I have faced same issue before. I was renaming the resource while I was already in a user defined environment. The work around suggested by Smartbear support was to switch to 'Default Environment' before renaming resource, which worked for me. Smartbear folks did acknowledge that it's a defect which they will work in future release. 

If your issue is the same, try this as a work-around.

Regards,

Gilu Gopi

sclavell
        Occasional Contributor

That appears to work.  Thanks for the tip!