Forum Discussion

jneth
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Not able to call stored procedure

Hello,

I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure in ReadyAPI, version 3.3.1. I have the "stored procedure" box on the JDBC query step selected. However, when I try to run the stored proc, I receive and error that The number of parameter values set or registered does not match the number of parameters. 

I know I am passing the correct number of parameters. I am able to run the stored proc in an outside query tool successfully. I have tried a couple different ways to call it.

1. With the stored procedure box check - MyStoredProc('Parm1', 'Parm2', Parm3, ?, ?, ?) - Returns error mentioned above.

2. With the stored procedure box checked - call MyStoredProc('Parm1', 'Parm2', Parm3, ?, ?, ?) - Returns update count 0 in the results, but does not return the expected result set with the 3 OUT parameters. 

Running call MyStoredProc('Parm1', 'Parm2', Parm3, ?, ?, ?) in outside query tool returns result as expected (3 OUT parameters)

Is this a bug or is anyone aware of a workaround? This seems to have broke as previous test cases that were working at one point, now fail as well with the same error regarding number of parameters. 

Thanks in advance for anyone's help. 

• Hi jneth!

I see that you are using not the latest tool version. Please make sure to update to 3.3.2 to see if this works there.

If you are still experiencing this after an upgrade please consider filing a support ticket for a deeper investigation. 

1 Reply

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi jneth!

I see that you are using not the latest tool version. Please make sure to update to 3.3.2 to see if this works there.

If you are still experiencing this after an upgrade please consider filing a support ticket for a deeper investigation.