Forum Discussion

KathleenKelley
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Name of Script Log

In some of the earlier versions of Soap UI Open Source and ReadyAPI (2.2), the names of the script log areas were: 1) "script log" for Soap UI (Open Source) 2) "Script log" for Soap UI in Ready API...
    richie
    4 years ago
    Hey HimanshuTayal,

I was playing around with this last year cos id created my tests in ReadyAPI!, but the CI/CD environment only had open source SoapUI in it.

Yep....you're correct (kindof). Any of the Pro features (data driven, event handler functionality) won't work in open source, however if you try launching a ReadyAPI! project in open source SoapUI you get a warning there may be some migration/porting issues.
    I've also found some problems porting ReadyAPI! projects that didnt include any pro functionality into open source SoapUI too. Certain testsuites kept failing execution. I had to recreate the problematic testsuite in SoapUI as the only way i could get the testsuite to execute in both ReadyAPI! and open source SoapUI

KathleenKelley
    Im typing this out on my phone so i csnt double check but most of the ReadyAPI! logs have corresponding files in your C://Users/<profile>/.readyapi directory (if running on windows 8, 8.1 or 10, although i'm not sure if the script log is written there too.
    I remember seeing a .soapui directory in my profile folder too....perhaps you can find what you need in there?

I'll double check when im back in front of my laptop,

Cheers,

Rich