Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLM Popup when project is re-open

Rama16
Contributor

NTLM Popup when project is re-open

Hi,

I encrypted the project and added the password. I have an issue when opening the Ready API project everytime. Does this is expected behaviour?  It there any way it can windows authentication? 

Thanks,
Rama

3 REPLIES 3
richie
Community Hero

Re: NTLM Popup when project is re-open

Hi @Rama16 

I've just encrypted one of my projects just and I don't get that NTLM prompt (as per your screenshot) - I simply get a password prompt when ReadyAPI! (as below) - what was the mechanism you used to encrypt your project....are you sure you actually encrypted the project rather than just applied the NTLM/Kerberos authentication on your test steps?  I wouldn't expect the NTLM/Kerberos authentication prompt - your screenshot looks like the authentication/authorization profile on a specific REST/SOAP/HTTP test step............

Capture.PNG

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Hi @Rama16,

Please refer to the following page - it explains how you can encrypt you sensetive data:

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/best-practices/secure.html

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Rama16
Contributor

Hi @richie ,

Did you add NTLM Authentication to all the services? I do not have an issue with encryption. Issue is related to NTLM popup when opening the project. Do I need to NTLM credentials when everytime project is re-open? How NTLM credentials are stored in the project?

Thanks

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors