Forum Discussion

cata12
Contributor
6 years ago

Missing endpoint

Hi , I have a strange situation in Ready API 2.4.0 (pro). I have created a test which works in Ready API but one of the files I modified is not tracked by GIT and neither added in the correct folder on disk where my ReadyAPI repo is located. The resource is only present in my project (It's an endpoint defined @the project level and a corresponding test in SOAP UI) What am I missing here ?

6 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

Hey, 

I don't really get what the problem is. You modified something and that is not tracked by GIT? Are you using the ReadyAPI in built source control or something else? How is it not added in the correct folder?

cata12
      Contributor

Hi Lucian, yes I modified something in Ready API, saved the project but on git command line the file is not displayed as "modified". Also the file is not displayed in the folder where it's supposed to be added. I created a similar test and compared the files that's how I know it should be there. I'm using git bash console not built in source control.

Lucian
        Community Hero

Hmmmm... dumb question but are you sure you saved the project? ReadyApi has this thing where if you have a test step/ test case/ test suite selected it only saves that particular thing. 

Also, if the endpoint is defined in an API definition (maybe you created a REST or SOAP interface) then you also need to save the project in the Projects tab.

It looks like it has nothing to do with git but rather with the project save itself.