Forum Discussion

xDazedx
New Contributor
8 years ago

Jenkins (VDI) & Float License

I am running Jenkins automation and I have access to a float license as well as individual SoapUI Pro licenses. The Jenkins server is on a vdi and it is my understanding that I must use a Float License in this circumstance. On the vdi, I ran into a snag running the automation from Jenkins. It throws an error that the license is not found. However I can log into the vdi and run testrunner from command line successfully. So the license is seen locally but not from Jenkins. 1. I have not installed the ReadyAPI Jenkins Plugin. The docs I read seem to make this seem like it was only for individual licenses and not a float license. Correct? 2. Anything else I am missing? Thanks for the help.

2 Replies

xDazedx
      New Contributor
      Thanks Yuri. I saw that earlier. Jenkins is not running as a service though and is using a vdi. We had to buy float licenses for our offshore team because individual licenses would not work on a vdi. Since Jenkins is also running on a vdi, I am assuming I need to use a Float license also. Please advise.