Forum Discussion

CByler
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Java code snippet no longer working to create dates in 3.3.2, worked fine in 3.3.1 and prior builds

I have been using the following custom property for years to create dates which I then pass for my insertion of transactions in my rest web service calls.  The below example has always created the date of tomorrow in "effectiveEntryDate":09/14/2020 format.

${=import javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory; def cal = Calendar.instance;cal.add(Calendar.DATE, 1);cal.getTime().toLocaleDateString()}

It worked fine in 3.3.1 but once I upgraded to 3.3.2, it now returns an error:

"effectiveEntryDate":"No signature of method: java.util.Date.format() is applicable for argument types: (String) values: [MM/dd/yyyy]
Possible solutions: from(java.time.Instant), toYear(), stream(), getAt(java.lang.String), parse(java.lang.String), print(java.io.PrintWriter)"

Is it possible I need to upgrade the java for ReadyAPI, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CByler
    4 years ago

The custom property worked perfectly! Let me ask one more thing. With the old java, I could modify the dates such as:

Same Day
    ${=import javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory; def cal = Calendar.instance;cal.getTime().format("MM/dd/yyyy")}

Future Date
    ${=import javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory; def cal = Calendar.instance;cal.add(Calendar.DATE, 1000);cal.getTime().format("MM/dd/yyyy")}

Is that possible using the SimpleDate snippets?

• 1) Future date custom property with Local Date class: 

${= import java.time.LocalDate; LocalDate.now().plusDays(1).format(java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MM/dd/yyyy"))}

or

${=java.time.LocalDateTime.now().plusDays(1).format(java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MM/dd/yyyy"))}

2) Future Date in groovy with Simple Date Format:

import groovy.time.TimeCategory
    import java.text.SimpleDateFormat

use(TimeCategory) {
    def time = new Date()+ 1.days
    date = new SimpleDateFormat ("MM/dd/yyyy").format(time)

}

4 Replies

PrathapR
    Frequent Contributor

Hi CByler 

Can you please try using 

For custom property:

${=import java.text.SimpleDateFormat ; new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd").format(new Date())}

You can update "yyyy-MM-dd" with your requirement(EX: yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss). 

For Groovy Script:

def currentTime = new SimpleDateFormat ("yyyy-MM-dd").format(new Date())

Thanks!

CByler
      Contributor

The custom property worked perfectly! Let me ask one more thing. With the old java, I could modify the dates such as:

Same Day
      ${=import javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory; def cal = Calendar.instance;cal.getTime().format("MM/dd/yyyy")}

Future Date
      ${=import javax.xml.datatype.DatatypeFactory; def cal = Calendar.instance;cal.add(Calendar.DATE, 1000);cal.getTime().format("MM/dd/yyyy")}

Is that possible using the SimpleDate snippets?

PrathapR
        Frequent Contributor

1) Future date custom property with Local Date class: 

${= import java.time.LocalDate; LocalDate.now().plusDays(1).format(java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MM/dd/yyyy"))}

or

${=java.time.LocalDateTime.now().plusDays(1).format(java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.ofPattern("MM/dd/yyyy"))}

2) Future Date in groovy with Simple Date Format:

import groovy.time.TimeCategory

use(TimeCategory) {
        def time = new Date()+ 1.days
        date = new SimpleDateFormat ("MM/dd/yyyy").format(time)

}