Forum Discussion

mwalter
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Is there a way to store jdbc credentials globally rather than at the project level?

Hi,

I have the same JDBC credentials for each project I have.  When the password expires and I have to change it, I have to go into every SoapUI project that I have to modify that.  Often I run one of the projects without realizing I didn't change that one and immediately get my account locked out.  Anyone have any suggestions on a way to solve this?  Is there the ability to store credentials like this at a global level so they only have to be changed in one place?  

Thanks,
Mike

nmrao
    8 years ago

I believe that you got them incorrectly.

If the property name contains "password" string, then it will mask the value.

You need to type the name of the password under configuration, say, ${dbpassword}

5 Replies

mwalter
      Occasional Contributor
      Unfortunately I don't think this solution works. There are 2 problems: 1. The database configuration dialog does not accept property transfers. When I right-click in the field, GetData is not an option. 2. These are credentials, and storing them in a global property would mean that the password is visible in plain text. Probably not the best implementation for security :-) Thanks, Mike
        nmrao
        Champion Level 3

I believe that you got them incorrectly.

If the property name contains "password" string, then it will mask the value.

You need to type the name of the password under configuration, say, ${dbpassword}