Forum Discussion

DWeiss
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Is there a way to clone an entire project in Ready!API 1.8.5?

I often work with customers that have a similar setup (they all use the same methods, and endpoints that don't change).

I'd like to be able to copy the XML file for the project, rename it, change the name inside the project, and Import it as a new project, so that I don't have to create an entire new file.

This used to work in version 1.8.0, but since upgrading to 1.8.5, it identifies the new XML file as an existing project, with only options to open the original project (which doesn't help me), or import it again, which would change my other customer's data - which I don't want to do.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• The solution was to close Ready!API, go into each project, and change the "id" tag in the header of each project to be unique, then re-import each project.

It is a work-around, but I am able to reload projects now.

16 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    It should be simple to use "Save As" for a selected project. May be, that is why clone feature is not applicable for a porject, a wild guess.
      DWeiss
      Occasional Contributor

That did not work.  It still thinks it is the original project.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Sorry, did not get. Who thinks?
        What I mentioned literally translates to have a copy of the project by doing "Save As".
        Then, there will be another soapui project with different name. However, note that the project name in the ReadyAPI work space is not changed, so you will see the two items in the same workspace which is expected. If you want to have different name, change project name too.

Hope this clarifies.
    Ekaterina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

The other way to copy a project is to select TestSuites and move them to the new project. After that you should save the created project.