Forum Discussion

sjagannathan
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Is it possible to convert an existing fixed license to floating type ? What are the costs involved ?

Hello there,

I am guessing that i have a fixed license from my company for the ReadyAPI. Is it possible to convert the same fixed license to a floating license?

The reason why i am looking to convert it into floating is, i would like to dockerize my ReadyAPI test suite so that it runs in a docker container. I read from here https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/integrations/docker/soapui.html that required license for using the image is floating license.

It would be great if anyone can share the process for converting fixed license to a floating license.

Thank you,

Saritha

• Hey sjagannathan,

Current fixed term licenses cost 640 Euros. The cost of a floater is 4100 Euros.

I dont think theres a "conversion process" to switch from fixed to floating per se. Smartbear "might" agree to knock off the cost of the remaining months of your fixed license from the cost of a floater if you wanted to switch, but that's a guess on my part.

Before anything im guessing youd need to qualify the increased cost of a floating license to the company you work for before you even bother contacting Smartbear to see if swapping the licenses over.

Cheers,

Rich

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey sjagannathan,

Current fixed term licenses cost 640 Euros. The cost of a floater is 4100 Euros.

I dont think theres a "conversion process" to switch from fixed to floating per se. Smartbear "might" agree to knock off the cost of the remaining months of your fixed license from the cost of a floater if you wanted to switch, but that's a guess on my part.

Before anything im guessing youd need to qualify the increased cost of a floating license to the company you work for before you even bother contacting Smartbear to see if swapping the licenses over.

Cheers,

Rich
      sjagannathan
      New Contributor

Thank you for sharing the costs involved with this. I will work with my company on the cost piece.

-Saritha