Forum Discussion

mwalter
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

If I'm away from my desk, Ready API will have many duplicate 'Save' dialogs for the same project

Hi,

When I'm away from my desk for a while or have ReadyAPI minimized, I always get prompted to save my project (even if no changes have occurred).  That last part is rather annoying, but what's worse is that even if there is already a Save dialog up, it will put another one and another one up.  One time I left the application running over the weekend and there were so many I had to kill ReadyAPI with task manager just to get it so that I could use it again.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

Mike

• Usually auto saving the project at periodic intervals will not lose much of the the users work in case if something unwanted happened to soapui or user machine.

User can change the settings using the preferences Menu -> Preferences -> UI Settings. Once changes are done, save the Preferences using menu option.

The description you mentioned seemed to annoying, and can understand the pain.  Please use below link to raise a support ticket with SmartBear team with full details to reproduce the issue.

https://support.smartbear.com/product-list/

You may also try to see if  the above settings helps temporarily.

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Usually auto saving the project at periodic intervals will not lose much of the the users work in case if something unwanted happened to soapui or user machine.

User can change the settings using the preferences Menu -> Preferences -> UI Settings. Once changes are done, save the Preferences using menu option.

The description you mentioned seemed to annoying, and can understand the pain.  Please use below link to raise a support ticket with SmartBear team with full details to reproduce the issue.

https://support.smartbear.com/product-list/

You may also try to see if  the above settings helps temporarily.