Forum Discussion

johandelaat
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

I want to create a bug in JIRA using the plugin in SoapUI NG and got a RestClientException

I just installed Ready! API 1.3.1 - SoapUI NG.

When I want to create a bug in JIRA using the plugin I receive the following message : 

RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.of(400), errorCollections=[ErrorCollection{status=400, errors={reporter=data was not an object}, errorMessages=[]}]}

What do I need to fill in in the Reporter field?

I used my Username in Jira, the same as used in the Ready! API Preferences for JIRA.

Johan

8 Replies

• Hello all

I have the same problem  This solution works for me:

1- In the ReadyAPI go to File/Plugins 

2.- Find : JIRA Integration 

3.- click on Install/Upgrade Plugin 

This shows an alert, just confirm you want to upgrade version to 1.2.

Thats all  Hope help you.

• I am having same issue with Ready! API 1.6.0 - soap UI NG

RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.of(400), errorCollections=[ErrorCollection{status=400, errors={reporter=data was not an object}, errorMessages=[]}]}

Any insights?

• Hi johandelaat

Did you ever get this to work? If so, keen to know how you resolved.

cheers...

jalveblad
    Occasional Contributor

JIRA doesn't allow you to fiddle with the reporter field. I had the exact same issue with the JIRA plugin for ReadyAPI 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 and the solution for me was to make the reporter field optional instead of required in JIRA. Since the plugin uses credentials to commit the issue to JIRA the reporter will automatically be set to whatever user is configured here.

There seems to be no way to leave the reporter field unset even though it is set to optional. The logged in user will be set as reporter.

The only limitation to this is that you cannot create a ticket with some other reporter then the user you use to authenticate with JIRA.

thatsthat
      Contributor

Hi mate,

Thanks for the suggestion but that is for Confluence not Jira.

I am using Jira Cloud (On Demand) which does not allow you to alter the remote api setting; it is on by default.