Forum Discussion

iotmail9
Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

I am facing an issue on saving the value from response to a property using assertion

My Response   HTTP/1.1 201 Created Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 15:29:59 GMT Content-Type: text/plain X-Application-Context: provisioningContext,AESPassword:oidc,multiTenant:8086 TraceID: f81edfd6-a7...
    4 years ago

Hey iotmail9 

so you just want to save an HTTP header value to a property for later use?

I cant see which header the value '8a74833d746c689a01750dfbada4709f' is associated with - when I've done this before I've used either a groovy script or a script assertion as follows:

Script assertion option:

//Script assertion uses messageExchange.modelItem rather than testRunner

//Takes one of the elements of the response Header
    def value = messageExchange.modelItem.testStep.testCase.testSteps["REST TestStepName"].testRequest.response.responseHeaders["headerName"]

//Read this value into a parameter - writes the header value into the Properties test step
    def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils( context )
    groovyUtils.setPropertyValue("Properties", "header",value[0])

//the above grabs the value associated with the 'headerName' header and saves it to the 'header' property within the Properties test step

Groovy Script option:

//Groovy Script uses testRunner rather than messageExchange.modelItem 

//Takes one of the elements of the response Header
    def value = testRunner.testCase.testSteps["REST TestStepName"].testRequest.response.responseHeaders["headerName"]

//Read this value into a parameter - writes the header value into the Properties test step
    def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils( context )
    groovyUtils.setPropertyValue("Properties", "header",value[0])

//the above grabs the value associated with the 'headerName' header and saves it to the 'header' property within the Properties test step

ta

rich