Forum Discussion

RD61665
New Contributor
7 years ago

How to save multiple output(XML files) of Data Driven Testing(Test Harness) using SoapUI PRO

We have a business requirement of running Test Harness wherein I have used the Data Driven API testing feature of SoapUI NG PRO available with Ready API. The test suite rightly picks up the .xml files to be tested (REST Project) from a defined directory path but I am unable to find a solution to have them saved in an output folder location. It's impossible to go into Transaction Log and manually save each file as each test run will have over 300-400 xml request files and we need to review the output for business logic processing.

Can anyone please help me with this issue as this is urgent ?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

7 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

What are you wanting to save? The response of each test ran via the test using each XML file?

RD61665
      New Contributor

Hi,

Yes, my requirement is to have the XML Response files being saved in a folder or directory location.

It would be best if the output files saved use the same request name or a way to identify for which request the corresponding response is being saved.

Thanks for your proactive follow-up,

Rahul

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

When I have had to deal with this before, I've made use of a groovy script assertion that scrapes the Response from the test and saves it. You could append either a time stamp or a relevant/unique piece of data from the request or response to the file name to keep track of which request the response is tied to. 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    How are you executing the tests? Try with testrunner.bat / sh ; I believe that it store automatically. Can you give a it a shot?
      RD61665
      New Contributor

Currently, I am executing the tests by opening the TestCase editor and clicking on Run button. It picks up all the request files from the folder and executes them 1 by 1 (Data Driven Loop).

While trying few things I find 1 option in a document of using TestRunner GUI and did a setup of properties under the Reports section and it kind of worked.

I guess you are also referring to the same option, the only difference being Command Line vs GUI.

Thanks,

Rahul