Forum Discussion

Mason
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

How to remove Test Properties from ProjectReport

Is it as simple as removing these statements from the report XML?

<dataSourceExpression>$P{TestProperties}</dataSourceExpression>
<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String">"subreport:PropertiesReport"</subreportExpression>

EDIT:  I attempted to read up on the reporting module in the online help but it doesn't discuss anything beyond adding interactive parameters.  The "DataSets" section is empty and I suspect that's where customizing the data you want included would be described.

9 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

you're right.. just remove (or comment) the entire section this dataSourceXX stuff is surrounded by..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    I tried that and the properties are still populating the report.

Any other suggestions?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

hmm.. did you remove from the report in the file system? Or create a custom report? What report level (Project, TestSuite, etc..) are you working on?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    I commented out the reference to the properties:  subreport:PropertiesReport from the following reports:

Project Report
    TestCase Report
    TestSuite Report

These changes were saved to disk.

In spite of this, when I run the report from the Project level, it includes the properties for each suite (we populate properties via GroovyScript at the TestSuite level/scope).

I attempted to remove the content of the PropertiesReport sub-report (the UI won't let you delete the file entry) by clearing out the script from within the UI and saving to the disk, but this results in an access error when running the Project report.

The only way I have managed to produce reports without properties, is to run the report from the TestSuite level.  This is not ideal since we have several suites in a project and currently we have to distribute 5 or more separate files when reporting on the test runs.
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    I'll reiterate again, the help section for this needs to be updated and clarified.  3.x is considered to be the "reporting release" but the documentation on this highlighted feature leaves a lot of information out.

Attached is a screen grab of the Add Report dialog:

1.  This seems somewhat intuitive but I'm not really sure what to do here.  I assume I'm supposed to choose the components I would like to show up in my report.  But after choosing the components I want and then running the report, there's an error:

Mon Aug 31 13:28:42 EDT 2009:ERROR:An error occured [Report design not valid :
    1. Parameter not found : FailedTestSteps
    2. Parameter not found : TestStepResults], see error log for details

2.  What does this check box do?  And I believe you mean to use the word "chosen" instead of "choosed".  If I check this checkbox, what happens?  What impact does that have on the report?

3.  When attempting to expand the dialog box, the list control doesn't expand with it.  The dialog is re-sizable, but the scroll-box isn't.  This should be fixed.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mason,

I agree, there are definitely some pieces missing in regard to report-customization.. while I sweat over these, please try the following:

1) Select default Project Report
    2) Press the Clone-button in the toolbar
    3) Edit the cloned report XML; remove the TestProperties subreport
    4) Rename the cloned report if you want to
    5) Use the cloned report when creating reports..

Does that move you forward?

Again sorry for the inconvenience..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    I'm unable to follow these steps.

How does one edit the XML?  I am unable to edit inline.  Do I need to find the file on the disk, edit it there and reload it into SoapUI?

Also, how does one toggle line numbers into the view?
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    Ok, it appears SoapUI was in a state that did not allow me to edit the XML in the built in editor.  After a restart, I was able to remove lines 101 and 102 which referenced the properties report.  The properties STILL populated the report.

So again, I ask the question, how do I run a project report that does not include the TestProperties.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mason,

you need to remove the entire subreport section that contains this xml.. also, are you selecting the modified report in the Create Report dialog?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com