Forum Discussion

CollinRichman
8 years ago

How to listen on a JMS queue from SoapUI NG Pro?

I am implementing an alerting system using complex event processing. Events will be sent to a JMS queue, and then a Complex Event Processor will handle logic to determine which events need to be turned into alerts. The alerts will then be placed on a second JMS queue, to be picked up as alerts that need to be sent to customers.

From SoapUI, I see that it is possible to post requests on my JMS input queue. Is it also possible to listen on a second queue (output queue) from SoapUI, so that I can verify that the correct alerts are being placed into the output queue?

If this is not possible, does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can leverage SoapUI to test this JMS scenario?

2 Replies

• Hi, we are using groovy scripts to read from a JMS queue. The groovy script reads with a selector and if it cannot find the message it waits a certain time  and than reads again from the queue. The maxium number of times to read is also a parameter.

There maybe a java library which you can use in these scripts to read from the JMS queue.

Regards,

Ed van Asseldonk

AntonE
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi, CollinRichman.

JMS Request test step has send and receive destinations, so yes, you can configure sending a message to an input queue and receiving a response from an output queue. Also it's possible to leave either of them blank, in which case JMS Request step will only send a message without waiting for a response, or immediately start listening for a message without sending anything. Read more here: http://readyapi.smartbear.com/structure/steps/request/jms/add (section New Endpoint shows the dialog to configure JMS endpoint).