Forum Discussion

easyfish
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How retrieve data source automatically once soapui starts up

Hi,

Now  I  have oracle jdbc as my data source. Once I quite soapui and rerun soapui, all the values in data source are lost. I have to click the green triangle icon and retrieve value from database for each data source. 

I am wondering how I can retrive data value  automatically from database once soapui is started.  Now the issue is very critical for me.  

Thanks for your kind support in advance!

• If you have your connection established, you should be able to run the whole project, test suite or test case and this should execute all test steps including retrieving data from the db.

Can you please give an example of a structure for you tests? Becides I use db as a data source as well and I don't need to run it separatly for each step.

6 Replies

• Ehhm, that very limited information and a strange situation. Why do you want to do this? 

You could put all (how much are there?) DataSources in one TestCase. Then you have to press only one button to execute all sources.

easyfish
      Contributor

1. I have to quite SoapUI often each day, ten of times. because of the test step can not be opened, or test step does not run properly, efter quit and start soapui again, all work well.  

2. I have one different data source for each test step, sorry, only few test steps can share the same data source. 

I can put all the data sources and test steps under one test case. It does't help.  I have refresh each test source.  I have to press the button as manytimes as the number of my data source. 

Could you please help me to find a solution?

NataliaB
        Occasional Contributor

do you use DataBases tab on top right menu (under start, project, soapui ng...)?

you can add as many connections as you need here, and establish a connection using them instead of going to a specific test.