cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I minimize merge conflicts in a ReadyApi composite project when working as part of a team?

Debz
Contributor

Re: How do I minimize merge conflicts in a ReadyApi composite project when working as part of a team

@Radford wrote:

Ahh... I always forget people running with Maven, probably because I don't have experience with it, sorry for any confusion caused.

No worries. I haven't had any experience with it before this job so I've also looked around the forums/community for some setup details. I've also asked about it during the webinar but I wasn't able to get a clear answer. I guess I'm just lucky that I got to work with another senior tester who was able to figure it out Man Happy

"an Engineer without a degree, a QA tester without any official certification (just yet 😉 ) "
larsn
Contributor

Re: How do I minimize merge conflicts in a ReadyApi composite project when working as part of a team

As others have posted, use "pretty print project" setting and composite projects - these will make understanding the changes a lot easier. I would add using .csv files for data sources instead of .xls which are binary files. 

I would add that if you are doing groovy scripting, then store dynamic data in the context object instead of in a property. You can still access it in a later test step in the test case but that data won't be saved to the project.xml.

ArthurM
Occasional Contributor

I tried to come up with some tips to mitigate conflicts, please see here: 

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Tactics-to-Overcome-Git-Version-Control-Issues-in-Read...

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors