Forum Discussion

sprice090161
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How can I programatically set (or write to) a "Properties" test step value?

I have already located the syntat to set a test cases custom property:

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "foo", bar )

This writes to the property defined under the "Custom Properties" tab, but I want to write to a property defined in the test cases local "Properties" test step.

Is this supported?

• Hi sprice090161 ,

If you are talking about Properties Test Step inside a Test Case, then you can use below syntax:

testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("Name of properties step").setPropertyValue("foo",bar);

If you are looking for something else then please elaborate.

5 Replies

• Hi sprice090161 ,

If you are talking about Properties Test Step inside a Test Case, then you can use below syntax:

testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("Name of properties step").setPropertyValue("foo",bar);

If you are looking for something else then please elaborate.

sprice090161
      Contributor

Perfect!

Yes, the test step, not the test cases properties. For that I had the syntax from the Tips/Tricks section.

Thank you

Satyadip28
      New Contributor
      testRunner.testCase.getTestStepByName("Name of properties step").setPropertyValue("foo","bar");
      Iam doing the same using setPropertyValue to add Custom Property to TESTSTEP but it doesnt add atall.
      This works when adding to TestCase or TestSuite but not to a TestStep.
      ReadyAPI Version 2.5.0.

Can you please help.
        HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

Hi Satyadip28 ,

Can you please provide any screenshot ro error message that you are getting.

It wil be good it you start new thread as this is answered so that others can also help you.