Forum Discussion

gilugopi
Contributor
9 years ago

Help required to install ReadyApi on Linux via command line/shell

Hi,

I need to install ready api on a linux system. The problem is I don't see any documentation for ReadyApi or SoapUI pro which refer to installation on Linux via command line.

I don't have the option to run it via X Windows, KDE, Gnome etc. Looking for a way to do the following via command line access via a putty session.

1. Install ReadyApi

2. Use floating license which is already available on a license server.

On this installation, I don't plan to use the Ready API user interface at all. My only objective is to run tests via testrunner.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Gilu Gopi

16 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Choose right installer that suits your needs. Which installer are you using(name it) ?
    You need to use, .sh or tar ball installer. And there is an option to choose the license with testrunner utility. Try ReadyAPI-<version>/bin/testrunner.sh -help
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You need to use, .sh or tar ball installer. And there is an option to choose the license with testrunner utility. Try ReadyAPI-<version>/bin/testrunner.sh -help
      gilugopi
      Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

I've been using 'ReadyAPI-1.5.0-linux-bin.tar.gz' installer and seems that part is right. Also tried 'testrunner.sh -help'.  Following is the only line I found applicable to installation of license.

-l <arg> Installs an activated license file

The trouble I'm having is, there is no indication in help regarding how to get the floating license from my license server. For a GUI based activation of license I used to open the licence wiazrd and provide the ip address / host url of the license sever which worked perfectly. But I still have no clue on how to use the license server via a putty terminal.

Would you be a able to give an example command to activate floating license from license server?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Gilu Gopi

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        gilugopi, I believe that you might already have an activated license using the license that you had received.
        The command clearly says (as per the '-l' option description.
        ./testrunner.sh -l <absolute file path of license file>.

Please apply it and run some small test then post your findings. Sounds good?