Forum Discussion

M_McDonald
Super Contributor
15 years ago

Groovy log tab not visible

The Groovy log tab is not visible in the last couple of builds of 3.0.2 that I have installed, even when I run test steps that have log.info() statements. Is there a new setting that needs to be enabled?

A Tools tab appears when I use TestRunner and the log statements do appear there but only while the test runner is executing.

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. strange enough.. from where (which script) are you writing to the log?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    I think it is happening generally but definitely from Groovy script steps and from any of the scripts in a Mock Service (start/stop/onRequest.)
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    I see that if I enabled the UI option "Close all projects on startup" and restart soapUI, the Script tab is then visible.

Some of my projects have code in their Load scripts, so I wonder if there is a connection.

CONFIRMED:

• I created a new workspace and a test case with a Groovy step having log.info(). The Script tab appeared when I ran the test case.

• I then added a log.info() step to the Load tab of the project, saved it and exited soapUI.

• Restarted soapUI. No Script tab was visible and it did not appear when I ran the test case.

• Enabled "Close all projects on startup", exited soapui.

• Restarted soapui, then opened the closed project. Script tab displayed the log.info() from the Load script.

• Ran the test case and the log.info() was also displayed.

So it seems like having code in the project Load tab and starting soapui with the project open prevents the Script tab from being displayed. If the project is opened after starting soapUI, the Script tab displays correctly.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

It is a confirmed bug,  thank you for reporting it. We'll let you know when we fix it.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Please download nightly-build (it should be available in 15minutes or so) and try it. Let us know if it solved the problem with script log not being displayed. The script log should be available at the moment first script is run.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    The new build resolves the problem - mostly. Scripted logging activity following soapUI startup now causes the Script tab to appear in all cases.

The only remaining issue is that any logging that executes in the Load Script tab for an open project is lost.

Thanks.