Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
5 years ago
Solved

FileNotFoundException Using testRunner - other posts on this I've found not helpful

Hi,   I've never used the testRunner GUI functionality before and so thought I'd investigate.  I tried executing a single step test in a testsuite via testRunner but the execution fails with a Fi...
    richie
    5 years ago

Hey!

Ok - I found what the problem was.- it's related to the 'Reporting'. 

I've never altered the settings before and the defaults are as the below screenshot

HOWEVER - when executing with the above settings - it fails with the FileNotFoundException. This is another ReadyAPI! defect.  According to the instructions, if not set manually, a 'reports' directory should be created in the directory that is equivalent to '${WORKSPACE}'.

This is not the case with ReadyAPI! v2.7.0.  If I leave the value set as ${WORKSPACE} - executing the GUI testRunner fails with the FileNotFoundException.  If I replace ${WORKSPACE} with the full path equivalent of $[WORKSPACE}, this works fine!

I know it's a bit rubbish to mark your own work as the solution - its like marking your own homework - but this is how I got around the problem :)

Cheers!

rich