Forum Discussion

jkrier
Regular Contributor
8 years ago

Exporting ReadyAPI logs to an external file

I would like to export the Script log to an external file. I found some supposed solutions online but none of them seem to do anything that I can tell (Maybe I'm running them wrong).

I would like to be able to use a teardown script at the testcase level and export the Script log. If anyone knows how to do this that would be great.

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Can't the existing files be used instead? Would you mind to tell the use case?

jkrier
      Regular Contributor

Hi Rao,

Thank you for responding.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean when you say "existing file". If you mean can the file that is created at the time the testcase is ran than yes. That is what I want to do, export the Script log to another directory.

As for a use case I have a SoapUI project that has multiple testcases. For each one I would like to be able to export the Script log to the project path with a file name like testcasename.log and I think it would be OK for it to be overwritten each time but it might be nice to turn that on and off also, if that is possible.

I have found a few solutions that are similar to this

/The below groovy script step is to capture the soapUI log area.
      // "soapUI log" can be replaced with http log, jetty log, script log, error log etc based on the need.
      def logArea = com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.logMonitor.getLogArea( "soapUI log" );
      //Below two lines of groovy script is to get the project directory, we will be saving the soapUI log contents on a file in that directory.
      def groovyUtils = new com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils(context) 
      def projectPath = groovyUtils.projectPath 
      def logFile = new File(projectPath + "\\soapUI-Logs-to-file.txt")
      //This is the first line in the soapUI log file.
      logFile.write("soapUI Logs In a file.\r\n")
         if( logArea !=null )
         {
            def model = logArea.model
            if( model.size > 0 )            
               for( c in 0..(model.size-1) )         
                 logFile.append(model.getElementAt( c ))       

}

None of them seem to really work. I can see a file created but it's blank. From looking at this script I think if it worked it would accomplish what I need but not entirely sure since it's not working for me.

jkrier
        Regular Contributor

If it helps at all this is how I have things being logged to the Script log

Thu Sep 29 16:30:10 MDT 2016:INFO:RUNNING STEP: [DataSource]
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:10 MDT 2016:INFO:RUNNING STEP: [DataGen]
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:10 MDT 2016:INFO:RUNNING STEP: [querySERVICE_ACCOUNT_REF_MAP]
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:15 MDT 2016:INFO:querySERVICE_ACCOUNT_REF_MAP With Assertion "JDBC Status" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:15 MDT 2016:INFO:RUNNING STEP: [POST/serviceLocations]
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:POST/serviceLocations With Assertion "Valid HTTP Status Codes" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:RUNNING STEP: [queryServiceLocationById]
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "JDBC Status" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [SERVICE_LOCATION_ID]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [SERVICE_AGREEMENT_ID]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [ADDRESS_LINE_1]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [ADDRESS_LINE_2]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [MUNICIPALITY]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [REGION]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [POSTAL_CODE]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [COUNTRY_CODE]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [REQUESTED_LATITUDE]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [REQUEST_LONGITUDE]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [ACTUAL_LATITUDE]" Has Status VALID
        Thu Sep 29 16:30:16 MDT 2016:INFO:queryServiceLocationById With Assertion "Match content of [ACTUAL_LONGITUDE]" Has Status VALID

The idea is to create a log file that can be used for troubleshooting purposes. The project I am currently building may be ran by other people in other locations