Forum Discussion

Sperk
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Excel Datasource Issue

I mistakenly deleted an Excel Datasource test step and now when I try to recreate it I get the following error message

"No properties have been imported because these are duplicated properties"

Do you know how I can get round this?

ReadyAPR v2.1.0 (SoapUI Pro)

Excel 2007

Mark Smith.

• Yes, That's what I am trying to tell you.. Lets say, You have column name as "Data" and another column name as "Data1" or "Data2".. So, it will give you error as duplicate data. you have.. Since it is not checking the digit you have appended after Data.. So, better give the unique column names or Manually add using ad button.

5 Replies

Sperk
    Occasional Contributor

I have  one row that has all unique headers but has the value 2 in 4 of the columns. When I try to impost the file I get the following ReadyAPI log messages and the properties do not get loaded:

Tue Jan 16 10:45:48 GMT 2018:WARN:The following property is duplicated: 2 [16].
    Tue Jan 16 10:51:34 GMT 2018:WARN:The following property is duplicated: 2 [8].
    Tue Jan 16 10:51:34 GMT 2018:WARN:The following property is duplicated: 2 [10].
    Tue Jan 16 10:51:34 GMT 2018:WARN:The following property is duplicated: 2 [11].

I've gone through all the preferences and searched this forum to no avail.

Mark Smith.

avidCoder
    Super Contributor

I think, you excel sheet contains the duplicate column names.. This is what you will get as an error when you try to call duplicate all together using import button. 

Better solution, I could give is, you go to DataSource, click on green plus button (+) and add all the columns one by one.. And do not click on any of the import buttons.. It will work fine.

Hope, this help you out. 

Sperk
    Occasional Contributor

I've done this but still the warning messages exist.

If I amend the 4 columns that contain the value 2 to have unique values the data loads correctly.

Mark Smith.

avidCoder
      Super Contributor

Yes, That's what I am trying to tell you.. Lets say, You have column name as "Data" and another column name as "Data1" or "Data2".. So, it will give you error as duplicate data. you have.. Since it is not checking the digit you have appended after Data.. So, better give the unique column names or Manually add using ad button.

Sperk
        Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this, I didn't realise the datasource worked like that. I changed to unique non-numeric fields and it worked.

Mark Smith.