I am using latest version of Ready API 1.7.0 for web service test automation. I came across a WADL which I just can't load to Ready API, but works fine in SOAP UI open source edition.
When I try to load this into Ready API by importing WADL, a pop up window called 'Error loading definition" shows up.
Attached is the WADL file I'm trying to import. Could some one help to resolve this at the earliest?
Thanks & Regards,
Thanks for your response. As you suspected this option won't work for me, I need to add this WADL to couple of existing Ready API Projects which already use large number of Ready API specific features.
Any way for the time being I'm just adding REST services from URI instead of WADL import. Going forward, it would be nice to get a fix if it's indeed an issue with Ready API.
If there is indeed something wrong with the WADL( atleast from the perspective of Ready API ), it would be nice to know that too.
@gilugopi, I'm having the same issue in 1.8.5.
Did you end up opening a ticket to the support team? Maybe you could add it here for reference...
No I didn't raise any support ticket. Since this issue, I was adding REST services using URI
I imported the attached customer.xml into SoapUI 5.2.1 open source and I did not get any errors, but no endpoints were created either. Which version of SoapUI was customer.xml able to import into successfully?
@DavidV If you haven't opened a support case yet and can post your WADL file then upload it here.
Thanks for your responses, Gilu and Marcus.
Since yesterday, I found out that I can now import the wadl successfully in ReadyAPI, but only after I imported another one that works before.
Now, I'm aware that it probably means there's something wrong with the wadl I'm trying to import, and I've informed the developer where I work about this, but the fact is that it fails the original import, so it's still a minor annoying issue.
I have attached the xml file in question. Here are the steps to reproduce the issue consistently:
1. Relaunch ReadyAPI 1.8.5
2. From the Projects tab, create a new empty project
3. From the project contextual menu, Add WADL.
4. Select the file and click OK
5. "Error loading WADL There was something wrong with the WADL you are trying to import". No error message gets displayed in the text area.
6. Close ReadyAPI and launch SoapUI.
7. Import the wadl. It works!
6. Import another simple wadl
7. Import the original wadl. It works!