Forum Discussion

skillsoft
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

East Asian characters and property expansions in jdbc connection

Hi

According to the topic below, east asian languages will only be displayed correctly in SoapUI if you are using the Native Look and Feel.  I tried this and it works, but was wondering why?  If I don't use the native look and feel all I see is squares where the characters should be.

http://www.eviware.com/forums/index.php?topic=407.0

Also, property expansions can be used in any field of the JDBC Connection at the project level except for the password.  If I attempt to do this I will get:

TestCase failed [java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [getidcompanylevel]; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference:java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [getidcompanylevel]; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal group reference], time taken = 0

Is there any way around this?  It would be nice to have all the settings that are server specific in one place (project/properties).  For the most part the db password is the same, but for some of our older software versions it is different. 

Thanks,

Mary

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mary,

Regarding property-expansion support for password field, we can add it, but you won't be able to see it's content since the field is masked. Would that be satisfying?

Regards,

/Dragica
    eviware.com
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Dragica,

As long as I can copy the property expansion from some other area and paste it to the password field that would work fine.  It seems to work that way now if it is not a property expansion.

Thanks,

Mary
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

it seems the font used by the default look&feel does not support east-asian characters. I don't think we can work around this, we'll have to check it out..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Dragica,

After I installed the nightly build (new machine, used stand alone version) I get the following error whether I use the property expansions or not:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.lang.Exception: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver], connectionString [jdbc:sqlserver://vmhapi:1433;databaseName=vmhapi1_70;user=sa;password=#####]

I tried creating a new JDBC connection as well as using an existing one.  I am using the MSSQL...SQLServerDriver.

Was there something I needed to configure after the install?

Thanks,

Mary
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mary,

When downloading standalone version, drivers are not included by default, while with the installation version drivers are preselected to be included. Therefore you have to put drivers into
    / bin/ext  manually and restart the application. Please check if that is the problem in your case and let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com