Forum Discussion

aaronpliu
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Definitions have not been actually updated

Anyone encountered such issues:

Manually updated source file (.json) of REST, and updated definition in SoapUI, new change have not been reflected on SoapUI?

For example:

As defined the same parameter in Path (i.e: /account/{userID}/) and Header, SoapUI cannot display parameter which defined in path due to conflict with that of Header. Now manually remove conflicted "parameter" in source file, and update definition in SoapUI. There is no any change for that.

Temporary solution: Save as those testSuites which impacted by updated definitions, delete original definitions from project, and re-import updated definitions, then import testSuite again. the change is reflected now.

ReadyAPI version: 2.4

Thank you

/Aaron

aaronpliu
    6 years ago

Hi Nastya_Khovrina , I found a solution (write a script to update source file) to deal with it. the root cause is that SoapUI won't remove existing "parameter" if you delete conflicted parameter in source file. I renamed the conflicted parameter name instead of deletion in source file, then update definition, it's OK now.

Thanks Nastya_Khovrina 

BR,

/Aaron

7 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi aaronpliu,

Unfortunately, currently, there is no way to add both values: a parameter and header if they have the same name. We have a corresponding feature request to improve this behavior. 

In the meantime, you can add your Header parameter as a header in the "Headers" tab:

aaronpliu
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks Nastya_Khovrina .

Yes, I can add "parameter" in Headers tab and do it for other parameter, like "Cookie", "Content-Type"...etc.

However, all of parameters are shown in "Request" panel with different "style and level" when import endpoints, right?  Style for "Query" as query parameter, "TEMPLATE" is part of path, "Header" is for request header... I always need to take "parameter" (style is "TEMPLATE") and ignore "parameter" in Header if they are the same name.

"parameters" in request panel are "Custom Properties", "Headers" tab are another key-pair. What's difference for them?

Anyway, how can I update definition and don't worry about missing "parameters" if there are the same?

I can hardly update them and have to manually maintain definition change in SoapUI. That is not expected behavior, there are so many test cases created and referenced those endpoints already.

Thanks,

/Aaron

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Aaron,

There is no difference between the "Header" parameters and headers which are defined in the Headers tab.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround except for the provided one.