Forum Discussion

Usha_Kodali
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Datasource

I have created excel datasource. i have added properties and executed the data source step.
I opened the data source editor and selected xml. I did not execute anything now. i selected excel again and i see that all the data vanished.Is the way it has to behave?

9 Replies

Usha_Kodali
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ole,I am able to get the data to the request....only thing is that...when i select other options after creating properties and executing them, whole data is gone in the Datasource...
    Usha_Kodali
    Frequent Contributor
    When i try to create once again it doesnt allow me to create properties in Datasource..I need to close SoapUI and then create once again
    Usha_Kodali
    Frequent Contributor
    yeah its clearing the data...i was showing all the features to my teammates....i had to create the data again
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Usha,

I still don't really understand when the data is being cleared, can you attach some screenshots to visualize?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Usha_Kodali
    Frequent Contributor
    1. I have selected Excel and created properties and gave the excel sheet path and executed Datasource step.
    2. I selected Groovy this time.
    3. I selected Excel again, properties and excel file path  cleared.
    When i try to create the properties again, it doesnt show up Properties.
    When i close SoapUI and then create it will allow me...
    Not sure if this is the intended behaviour...I was assuming that data would preserved.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

It is ok, when you change DataSource data to be cleared. It is intended. I tried to reproduce when in does not allow you to add new properties when you change DS, but it work fine to me. Did you get any error when you tried to do it( see error log)? Can you
    try nightly build?

Let me know, does this helps you,
    robert