Forum Discussion

Trojka
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Datasource connections and switching environments

Hi, I have just started working with SOAPUI NG. I have successfully set up a project and testsuites with authorizations, database connections and environments and everything is working perfectly when I switch environments except for one thing: there doesn't seem to be a relation between environments and database datasource connections.  

I have several Testsuites with a database datasource, in a project with multiple test environments. I would assume (or hope) the database datasource connection switches to the corresponding DB when I switch environments too, but this isn't the case. I have to change it manually for each Testsuite every time I switch environments. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

4 Replies

Trojka
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I've set it up using your instruction: I've made a DB connection that is using the properties. Although the connection tests work, the Datasource in the TestSuite tells me that 'some connection settings are missing'. :( Any idea? 

Trojka
        Occasional Contributor

Btw, the JDBC driver connection (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver) looks like this now: 

jdbc:sqlserver://${#Project#DBHost}:${#Project#DBPort};databaseName=${#Project#DBDatabase};user=${#Project#DBUsername};password=${#Project#DBPassword}

(the last one shows up as PASS_VALUE)

It works in the Database configuration screen.