Forum Discussion

davecoleman
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Datasink OOXML error - test was run a few days ago and now fails with java exception

Hi,

I have a datasink as first step in my loop and it fails with below error. If I run in the first 10 lines to test the datasink it shows the data in the preview window. what has caused this to occur?

failed ljava.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare the test step [DataSink]; org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.NotOfficeXmlFileException: No valid entries or contents found, this is not a valid OOXML (Office Open XML) file:java.lang.Ecception: Failed to prepare the test step [DataSink]; org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.NotOfficeXmlFileException: No valid entries or contents found, this is not a valid OOXML (Office Open XML) file], time taken = 4972 

• Hi,

I changed my Datasink from Excel to CSV to quickly move on.

will investigate further again.

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey davecoleman,

Im struggling to understand whats going on from your description. Could you please attach a screenshot of your testcase (so i can see the teststeps in your test) please?
    Im struggling to understand how datasink is first step in your loop as the datasink saves off content, rather than provides input for other steps, right? Obviously im misunderstanding something....

Ta

Rich
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you Richie, for looking into this!

davecoleman were you able to solve this? Please share your solution with us, or, if you still require the Community's advice, please explain your use case in detail as Richie is asking.

An alternative to this would be contacting the ReadyAPI support.

davecoleman
        Contributor

Hi,

I changed my Datasink from Excel to CSV to quickly move on.

will investigate further again.