Forum Discussion

Prudential_UK_A
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

DataSource Loop fails

Hi, I've spotted something unusual that I hope you can help me with.

When I run my test suite, some of the test cases contained within that test suite are showing as failed in the test suite window and passed within in the Navigator window.  The test cases are made up of a DataSource, Test Request and DataSource Loop step, and the failures appear to be linked to the DataSource Loop step.

I noticed that if you open the DataSource Loop test step and select 'ok' (without actually changing anything), and then re-run the test suite, the test case now passes.

However, if you reload the project, the same cases fail and the only way you can make them pass is by opening the DataSource Loop step and selecting 'OK' again.

Cheers,
Nicole

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Nicole,

hmm.. do you get any details on why the step failed in the testrun log? Is this with an updated nightly-build?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Prudential_UK_A
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ole,

There are no error log details as the test case has actually passed. It only shows as having 'failed' in the test suite window.  If you select the 'failed' test case from the test suite window, the test request step is green.  If you then open the datasource loop step and select OK, it will pass when you re-run the test suite.

Everytime you run the test suite the cases that pass and 'fail' change each time which proves that there is no relationship between the 'failed' cases.

I don't have the latest nightly build, but we have another test suite that is running against a difference service using the same version of SOAP UI Pro and it isn't having these problems, so I don't imagine a later build would address this issue?

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Nicole