Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

DataSource Help

Hello Guys,
Would it be possible for you guys to have an illustrated example on how to use Data Source if my database is MS SQL Server 2005. Not a big urgency on this issue but it would be nice to know how to do it.

- Ali

6 Replies

• Hi Ali!

I will look into it, make a tutorial and put it in the tutorials section.
    Bare with me as this will take a day or two.
  • Hi Ali!

I've put up a tutorial showing how to connect to a MS SQL Server. Once you get the hang of it it's not that hard, but before you do it's pretty much impossible 

It's that connection string that's the hard part, it's the same connection string that's used in java development, but it's not that well documented.

The tutorial is here:
    http://www.eviware.com/content/view/70/48/
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hello,
    I see that in the JDBC connection string for SQL Server 2005 you specify a 'port'. How can I determine this 'port'. I launched SQL Server 2005 Management Studio but did not see anything for 'port'

Thanks

Ali
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    hello,
    I am having some trouble getting datasource to work.  I am using the following configuration but I get zero results when I click 'Test' to execute my sql query.

datasource: JDBC
    driver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    ConnectionString:
    jdbc:sqlserver://;databaseName=;user=;password=;
    SQL Query: Select * from

When I click 'Test' I see nothing in the log.  Any idea whats going on ? If I have a bad SQL query, is soapUI supposed to show something in the log ?
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Actually it was my fault. I didnt know that that 'properties' value has to correspond to the column name in the database.

- Ali