Forum Discussion

lauravachon
Contributor
5 years ago

Data source Data generator - loading values from file

I am trying to load my data generator data source from file. 

The data source has two properties.

When I load the file, it puts alll the values as options for both of the properties.

How do I load the data into the different properties?

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi lauravachon 

If Im understanding - your datasource file has what - 2 columns of data? but despite you creating 2 properties on the datasource - its writing only 1 column's data out to the single property?

I struggled using a .txt  file to get the different column's values into separate properties when I was playing around with this a while back - Im sure there is a way - but I found a workaround that was easier.

I tried the excel datasource option and it allowed me to have multiple columns of data - each column has an associated property - this successfully extracted multiple values to multiple properties - is that what you need?

please see the images below of the spreadsheet and the datasource properties

Hope this helps!

cheers,

rich

richie
      Community Hero

Hey lauravachon 

I did play around and I got the Datasource file option working (with multiple properties) using a .csv file and a txt file

Images for correct csv setup with multiple properties are as follows:

Images for correct txt file setup with multiple properties are as follows:

Cheers,

rich

lauravachon
        Contributor

Thanks rich for your effort.

I was trying to load the values for the properties in a datagenerator test step. I gave up after a while and just entered it all manually.