Forum Discussion

sammeta_phani
New Contributor
15 years ago

Data Source Set up

Hi,

I am new to SoapUI. I am using SoapUI3.0.

Based on input I have to read some data from a xml file and want to send that as a response.

I have read that it is possible with Data source. If am correct please let me know how to set up data source and do it, if not please guide me how can i do this.

Thanks,
Phani

4 Replies

• Thanks for your reply,

I am just stucked at the step "Now add a DataSource TestStep and select the Grid DataSource from the dropdown in the toolbar, which is a DataSource for managing your test data from inside soapUI without requiring any external storage. You should now have"...

I am getting "Data Source" option in a grid..after I selected that option it is not  appearing the left side directory structure.

Please help me. How to get it.

Phani
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

If by the "left side directory structure" in the blog you mean properties named To,From,Rate, those are the properties you are supposed to add and then set values for them (there is an option labeled "+" in the toolbar above the properties label).
    If you want to be prioritized in getting answered to your questions, please post issues to our Pro forum in the future.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com