Forum Discussion

dreddyc
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Composite project CI/CD pipeline creation in Azure

Hi SmartBear Support, We use Azure Repo and Azure CI/CD Pipeline release. Till now we were using xml file to create release. The project file name to create release will be XXXX.xml.  We have starte...
    4 years ago

Hey dreddyc 

Dunno whether this will help, but I asked a similar question a while back as i was tasked with getting ReadyAPI! plugged into a CI/CD/CT jenkins pipeline for Azure.  The link is here

Just a bit of info - the unflattened composite file rather than using the flat single project.xml is to handle multiple users accessing the same content with identical checkouts.  Because youre splitting the project.xml into multiple individual components, this enables different users to change the content without having horrific conflicts when you merge back to master.

what components are you using in your CI/CD pipeline,  Are you using the Azure plugin?  what build agent are you using?, etc., etc.  These sorts of questions alter how you setup and execute your tests with the above.

I never actually completed setting my my Azure CI/CD/CT pipeline for readyAPI! cos I got pulled onto other stuff, so the above is all I have I'm afraid - perhaps some of the other lads/ladies can give you a better answer.

cheers,

rich

ta

rich