I downloaded soap 5.0.0 and set up a rest project. I have a handful of requests set up and a number of tests running off of those requests. All was seemingly working well. All of my requests run and all of my tests run. I was in the process of creating a new request. I attempted to add a parameter and change from Resource level to Method level. Having selected Method from the level drop down, I was unable to continue adding further params or modify the properties. I can no longer open the request editor or run any of my tests. This has happened twice and each time I recreated the project. Luckily I only have a handful of requests and tests to set up so it isnt too onerous. However, this does not give confidence in setting up a larger project. I must point out that I am a soapui novice. I have used it in the past but stopped using it as I found it buggy. In case there is something wrong in what I have uploaded project file. Any help appreciated as I would like to be able to use this product
I'm having the same issue, spent hours setting up a full test suite for a Rest service, all working fine. I saved it and quit the app, now when I open the app/project I can no longer edit the requests in the main requests list or the tests. I can also no longer run any tests as they error immediately.
The error I'm seeing in the log, in all cases is this:
Mon Aug 18 16:16:46 BST 2014:ERROR:java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 22, Size: 22 java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 22, Size: 22 at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635) at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.getPropertyAt(RestRequestParamsPropertyHolder.java:239) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeMatrixParameterString(RestUtils.java:280) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.support.RestUtils.makeSuffixParameterString(RestUtils.java:272) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.ParametersField.<init>(ParametersField.java:65) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.initializeFields(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:57) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.init(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:177) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:66) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.init(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:36) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpRequestDesktopPanel.java:129) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.panels.AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractHttpXmlRequestDesktopPanel.java:45) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(AbstractRestRequestDesktopPanel.java:61) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestDesktopPanel.<init>(RestRequestDesktopPanel.java:47) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(RestRequestPanelBuilder.java:44) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.rest.panels.request.RestRequestPanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(RestRequestPanelBuilder.java:36) at com.eviware.soapui.ui.desktop.standalone.StandaloneDesktop.showDesktopPanel(StandaloneDesktop.java:204) at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.showDesktopPanel(UISupport.java:587) at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.selectAndShow(UISupport.java:575) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.support.ShowDesktopPanelAction.perform(ShowDesktopPanelAction.java:57) at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:93) at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.DefaultActionList.performDefaultAction(DefaultActionList.java:111) at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$TreeMouseListener$1.run(Navigator.java:412) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
No idea if this is a result of a direct bug in the app or something that's corrupted the config file when it's being saved or opened but either way it's made the app unusable because I effectively can't save and reopen a project without it breaking.
I've also had the same error with the same project in the Pro version (5.1.1). This is the first Rest service project that I've used with SoapUI, I've not experienced any problems like this with the various Soap services I've used it with.
I had the same issue and in my case problem was in parameters which level I changed from METHOD to RESOURCE. RESOURCE parameters were deleted from request, but in some reason they were still available in resource description (you can see them if you open resource viewer). So solution was simple - remove these parameters also from resource viewer, after what requests are usable again.