Forum Discussion

CByler
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Cannot Install Renewal License

I am at my wit's end this morning.  I launched ReadyAPI and get the message "No Valid License found.  Do you want to buy or install a license?". Of course I click Yes, navigate to the license for this year's renewal and select to register online and it tells me "This SoapUI NG license has already been activated. Before you can use the license on this computer, you must deactivate the previous activation. More details are provided below."

I have already lost almost an hour dealing with this crap this morning.  I had installed the new license key for the year a few months ago (as we upgraded early and it wasn't due until the end of May) and now this.  I can't get past the message dialog to even deactivate the old license if I wanted to and I logged into my online account, but all it shows me are my test complete licenses.  Can some one please offer any help? I am losing valuable testing time this morning...

• In case anyone else comes across this, received the following from Support and it resolved the issue

There is a known issue in Ready! API 1.9.0 with activating renewal licenses. I've reset the license activation.
    Please activate the license with the following steps:
    1. Delete the soapui.key.new, soapui.dat and soapui.key files from the C:\Users\%username%\.soapui folder if they exist.
    2. Activate the license online or offline

3 Replies

• In case anyone else comes across this, received the following from Support and it resolved the issue

There is a known issue in Ready! API 1.9.0 with activating renewal licenses. I've reset the license activation.
    1. Delete the soapui.key.new, soapui.dat and soapui.key files from the C:\Users\%username%\.soapui folder if they exist.

kalyankumar

Still facing same issue

CByler wrote:

In case anyone else comes across this, received the following from Support and it resolved the issue