Forum Discussion

snand
New Contributor
6 years ago

Can we use Ready API/SOAP UI for testing the Rest messages when the actual services are not exposed

Can we use Ready API/SOAP UI for testing the Rest messages when the actual services are not exposed but it is being accessed via some host IP and Port#? If yes how ?

For e.g. I have host IP like - 194.156.170.208 and Port# like – 18001. Is it possible to test it in this way by configuring it in Ready API ?

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hi,

I may be misunderstanding - could you possibly provide a little more info?  if a service isn't exposed I don't see how you could hit it successfully - simply due to good security practice.  Perhaps I'm missing the point?

An example similar to what you mean I think is what someone asked me about a project I was working on the other day.

I have 2 webservices that support the POST REST service to create and update records.

It would be really helpful if I could after running my project delete the records created so that I can re-run my project.  a DELETE REST request would be really helpful - however, there isn't a webservice method that supports the DELETE - i.e. there isn't a DELETE REST request - so this is impossible.

Again - if I'm understanding your question, it would be extreme bad practice from a security perspective if you could access a resource without the service being exposed - but I may be misunderstanding what you're getting at.

Cheers,

richie