Forum Discussion

sandhya1
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Can we invoke Selenium Webdriver through SOAP UI Pro

Getting this error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.SimpleTimeLimiter.create(Ljava/util/concurrent/ExecutorService;)Lcom/google/common/util/concurrent/SimpleTimeLimiter; error at line: 8

Here is the code Groovy script code:

import org.openqa.selenium.By;
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.WebElement;
log.info("The Chrome driver test");
System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\Users\\nhy1117\\Downloads\\chromedriver_win32\\chromedriver.exe");

// Initialize browser
def driver = new ChromeDriver();

// Open Google
driver.get("http://www.google.com");

// Maximize browser
driver.manage().window().maximize();

log.info("Go to the launch page");

sandhya1
    7 years ago

Pls make sure you have the following jars available in  C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.2.0\bin\ext

Attached file

11 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    1. It appears that there is dependency issue.
    2. What is your use case?
    3. Why do you want to link you web testing to groovy script while you can execute the tests independently?
      sandhya1
      Occasional Contributor

1.It was missing jar.

2. One part of the use case needs web interaction and other part should interact with web services, to complete that scenario.

Due to this I wanted to invoke the web application using as ReadyAPI supports it through Groovy script.

3.Can you please elaborate  what you meant by "while you can execute the tests independently"

sprice090161
        Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you please give me information on the missing JAR file?

The error message "com.google.common.util.concurrent.SimpleTimeLimiter.create" if googled will reference Guava: Google core lib's. guava-23.0.jar is already included with the Webdriver jar files.

What it is and where I can get it?

• Who marked this as solved??? ITs anything but solved...

There is a ticket open as well but pushed off until v2.4. this doesn't help my current project.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      Some times cases are different and it might have worked for the author of this question. And that solution might not worked for you. You can still create a new question with the details as much possible including what solutions you have already tried.
        sprice090161
        Contributor

I don't think you are reading the thread correctly. The issue is the exact same thing. It comes down to lib files and there versions. We should all have the correct versions from the webdriver distribution, browser version, browserdriver version, and whatever soapUI requires.