Forum Discussion

strim355z
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Can I test an href link that is returned from my GET within the same test?

I have an api that returns data from our customer table, but in addition to these results for each record it returns href links (self, address, contacts, etc) which I run to drill deeper into a record.  I have seen on message content assertion that I can only verify that the 'expected' link matches 'actual'.  

Is there a way to get the resulting href link, then have my test run that uri and assert that content?  Thank you much for your time. 

7 Replies

• Add a groovy script teststep

Save the response URL in a testCase property using point and click in groovy script testStep

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "urlendpoint", urlendpoint)

Create a HTTP request and add this expansion in HTTP endpoint section

${#TestCase#urlendpoint}

Thanks

strim355z
      Occasional Contributor

I have added a groovy teststep.

Sorry but this was a little confusing. "Save the response URL in a testCase property using point and click in groovy script testStep"

From outline view, I right click on href link and transfer to property, with target step as groovy script?

This below goes in Groovy script step?

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "http://ds-domainproxy-500-dev.cloudhub.io:80/api/finance-company/8ac498b41548787001154daf7bcd0046", http://ds-domainproxy-500-dev.cloudhub.io:80/api/finance-company/8ac498b41548787001154daf7bcd0046)

Thank you much 

strim355z
        Occasional Contributor

Hi, am a new user to soapui pro and need some additional help with this so i appreciate your patience.  

Add a groovy script teststep - done

Save the response URL in a testCase property using point and click in groovy script testStep - in my response on the outline tab i select my href link and have choices to add to property or property test step.

If i choose property, on basic tab my target step is Groovy script.  Target path blank, source path auto populates

For this piece below, i thought it went into groovy script but I am doubting it now because my endpoint looks like a comment (attached)

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "urlendpoint", urlendpoint)

Create a HTTP request and add this expansion in HTTP endpoint section 

${#TestSuite#urlendpoint

Thanks much