Forum Discussion

AlbertSoapUI
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Calling Selenium code by navigating via POST request

Hi,

Not sure whether this is a true SoapUI related question, but asking anyway.

At this moment we have a project that is testing a Rest service. One request used in several scenarios returns a url in response. This url is to be used for confirmation by clicking buttons on the website. For this confirmation step we successfully implemented Selenium code to run scenarios completely automatically.

However, the SUT will soon no longer return a url with parameters (that is, a GET method), but will return a url with parameters included separately. The user can only visit the page via a Post method.

Selenium can only navigate to pages using GET methods. 

Is there any way to direct the Selenium driver to the page anyway?

What are the other options?

Regards, Albert

• Hi AlbertSoapUI 

Yeah - dont think this has nything to do with ReadyAPI!/SoapUI and I've only very basic recent experience of front end automation (I just help out when I have no API testing to do). 

HOWEVER - I found a stackoverflow page that queries the no POSTing in Selenium issue and provides some options to enable a workround for this.

Stackoverflow Link

Unsure if this helps.....

Rich

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi AlbertSoapUI 

Yeah - dont think this has nything to do with ReadyAPI!/SoapUI and I've only very basic recent experience of front end automation (I just help out when I have no API testing to do). 

HOWEVER - I found a stackoverflow page that queries the no POSTing in Selenium issue and provides some options to enable a workround for this.

Stackoverflow Link

Unsure if this helps.....

Rich